Sign in to follow this  
Ipelius

17.4 - Empire vs Spirit

Team Empire - Team Spirit

Pick: Team Empire
Odds: 2.70 (Marathonbet)

Interesting set up in the lower bracket finals of PDCup as the Empire faces Team Spirit. I always feel like Empire is a bit of a roller-coaster. One day they struggle against the easiest teams and the other day they are winning against the best. At the moment they are having pretty confident wins over pretty good teams and they are finding some comfort heroes on their players. Empire has good chemistry and their players are comfortable with each other and I believe that Empire's odds are too good to pass on.

Team Spirit is a good team as well and definitely slight favorites for the match. I wouldn't give them too much edge though because Empire seems strong on their previous performances. It must also be noted how Spirit seems to struggle versus Russian teams. Out of their most recent 5 games versus Russian teams, 4 were losses. Spirit and Empire have played 2 games versus each other recently, other one Spirit won 2-1 and the other one Empire took the cake 2-0. I'd say this game is more 50-50 than the bookers give credit for.

For example egamingbets is giving Empire odds of 2.22. Between Marathonbet and EGB the payout percentage is actually .99, so it is incredibly easy to find value on this game. The odds of 2.70 means that the bet is already profitable if Empire wins more than 40% of the time, and I really believe that they can win 4/10.