Poisoned

Forum Predictors Tournament (Idea in Progress)

Hi everyone, first of all I'm glad people are enjoying the spreadsheet and active users are consistently submitting their predictions via the form; so far it's working well.

Today I am publicly posting an idea I was discussing with Vetomestari, weekly / monthly forum tournaments for best predictors! How it could work is as follows:

Considering that 20 euro = 250 pts means 1 point = 8 euro cents (pts / points - referring to storepoints that can be used in the store in exchange for prizes).

Using the spreadsheet we could make separate tournaments each week and once large one monthly running alongside, winners would be picked based on profit made in the specified time period. The way that storepoints work now it isn't hard to exploit the system over a period of time - especially if the forum gets popular. We could nerf (reduce) the amount of points given by creating posts and potentially increase the prize pool for the tourneys.

It would be also possible to make special events for majors (ESL, dreamhack etc) where additional points will be given out to best predictors for matches during those events.

---

All four E-Sports categories combined (as the spreadsheet works now) - excludes "Other Betting Tips"

Weekly competitions (total 36.80 euro / month):

• 1st place -> 50 pts (4.00 euro)
  • 2nd place -> 30 pts (2.40 euro)
  • 3rd place -> 15 pts (1.20 euro)
  • 4th and 5th place -> 10 pts each (0.80 euro each)

Monthly competition (total 45.60 euro / month):

• 1st place -> 250 pts (20.00 euro)
  • 2nd place -> 125 pts (10.00 euro)
  • 3rd place -> 75 pts (6.00 euro)
  • 4th and 5th place -> 30 pts each (2.40 euro each)
  • 6th to 10th place -> 15 pts each (1.20 euro each)

These are only suggested prizes and are subject to change.

---

I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions and especially suggestions to the above idea, let us know by commenting below.

19 hours ago, Mr_Attitude said:

Looks great , a nice idea for active predictors. :)

Thank you for submitting your bets via the form (spreadsheet), just a word of advice which helps me out a lot. When submitting a bet use odds that include the stake as a return for example if you were to bet on a game that will give you 50% of stake (+ stake back) if won submit the bet as 1.5 and not 0.5.

Fanobet and majority of bookies odds include the stake in the return (so bet will never be below 1.xx) unfortunately it seems that Dota2.vpgame.com does not do this so every time if you could add 1 to the odds when submitting the form it would help me a ton and ill ensure that you get the correct calculation :)

Also thank you for the positive feedback, the tournament will start soon :) 

3 hours ago, Poisoned said:

Thank you for submitting your bets via the form (spreadsheet), just a word of advice which helps me out a lot. When submitting a bet use odds that include the stake as a return for example if you were to bet on a game that will give you 50% of stake (+ stake back) if won submit the bet as 1.5 and not 0.5.

Fanobet and majority of bookies odds include the stake in the return (so bet will never be below 1.xx) unfortunately it seems that Dota2.vpgame.com does not do this so every time if you could add 1 to the odds when submitting the form it would help me a ton and ill ensure that you get the correct calculation :)

Also thank you for the positive feedback, the tournament will start soon :) 

Uhh so u mean to say that if odds are 0.65 on dota2.vpgame.com I put (1.65) in Odds of bet (e.g. 1.85 - please include the stake in the return, all odds should be above 1)  this section?

Just now, Mr_Attitude said:

Uhh so u mean to say that if odds are 0.65 on dota2.vpgame.com I put (1.65) in Odds of bet (e.g. 1.85 - please include the stake in the return, all odds should be above 1)  this section?

Yes, that is correct.

Other websites most of the time already add the stake to the return so be careful :) 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.