Sign in to follow this  
Ipelius

22.4 - EHOME vs Fnatic

EHOME - Fnatic
ESL One Manila

Pick: EHOME
Odds: 1.775 (EgamingBets)
Bet size: 2,5 (scale 0.2 - 3.5)

Late at ni.ght and I found these crazy odds from tomorrows early game. EGB is offering 1.775 for EHOME's win, while Bet365 is offering 2.50 for Fnatic. This means the return percentage is 103,8%. There is absolutely air in these odds.

Both of the teams are really good, but I'm going to give the edge to EHOME, since they have such a good reputation in big tournaments. Fnatic has played good recently but they haven't really played versus the best teams out there.

The game is a sure bet, so if you want you can make a profit of 3% by betting the right amount to both teams on EGB and Bet365. However I'm rolling with EHOME.

Edited by Ipelius

31 minutes ago, RIX said:

lesson 1, there is no sure bet ;)

There is actually, if you take advantage of different odds on different websites. Fanobet live betting is a very good example of this, as sometimes odds go crazy for both teams depending on scoring, and with some maths, sure bets are possible.

1 hour ago, RIX said:

lesson 1, there is no sure bet ;)

Lesson 2 surebet definition:

Exactly as fatalexe said.

In betting term 'sure bet' is used when different bookies have such a big difference in odds that profit can be made by betting both of the teams. When there is a sure bet there is for sure money to be made. For example in this case EGB gave EHOME 1.775 while Bet365 gave Fnatic 2.50 meaning that when you bet 58€ on EHOME and 41€ on Fnatic you'll make a profit around 3€. You can use surebet calculator to calculate the sums.

Edited by Ipelius

oh, i always thought a sure bet is when u get both odds above 2.000 odds

interesting ,ty

question, how often does this situation happen ?

Edited by RIX

36 minutes ago, RIX said:

oh, i always thought a sure bet is when u get both odds above 2.000 odds

interesting ,ty

question, how often does this situation happen ?

I'd say it's pretty rare, but in esports I tend to find more of them than in sportsbetting. However for example BetBrain is listing some of the surebets in sports (here) and there seems to be quite a lot games there frequently.

Note: There is a risk in surebets as well. You can hit bookies bet limit and the odds can change just when you are about to bet them. That's the main reason I don't really like betting on both teams. But when there is a surebet it means that there is air in the odds, and for sure it's good idea to bet one of the teams.